As a result of three-track operation, Purple Line Express trains will now stop at Sheridan station on game days during normal operating hours, but will no longer stop at Addison station.
To help alleviate congestion, CTA recommends that after the game customers traveling northbound on the rail system use the Sheridan station to board northbound trains instead of the Addison station. Customers traveling southbound are asked to use the Addison station.
CTA provides a convenient and affordable travel option for baseball fans in Chicago heading to Wrigley Field. CTA recommends customers heading to Wrigley Field allow extra travel time during the upcoming baseball season due to three-track operation at the Belmont and Fullerton stations.
CTA Service to Wrigley Field
The Red Line provides direct service to Wrigley Field via the accessible station at Addison. Fans can transfer to Red Line trains from all other rail lines and from most east-west bus routes.
Several CTA bus routes also provide convenient service directly to Wrigley Field:
- #8 Halsted buses operate north on Halsted from 79th Street to Broadway/Waveland.
- #22 Clark buses operate north through the Loop on Dearborn and south on Clark from Howard.
- #152 Addison buses operate on Addison from Cumberland on the west to Lake Shore Drive on the east. For all games, additional service will be provided on the #152 Addison route as crowds warrant, starting two hours before game time and operating until one hour after games end.
- #154 Wrigley Field Expressbuses operate for all night and weekend games for fans who wish to combine driving and public transit to travel to the games.
- #154 buses provide direct service to Wrigley Field from parking lots at DeVry University on Rockwell, a quarter-mile west of Western and a quarter-mile south of Addison. Service begins three hours before each game and runs until one hour after night games end, and two hours after weekend games end. A $6 fee includes parking at DeVry and round-trip bus transit for a carload of fans.
Customers heading to Wrigley Field can board Red Line trains from stations in the State Street subway downtown, or from Howard, where fans can connect from Purple or Yellow Line trains serving the northern suburbs. Fans using these stations also can take advantage of convenient Park & Ride lots at Howard, Linden and Skokie. Parking fees at these lots are $2.
Additional rail service will be provided for weeknight Cubs games. On game nights, Yellow Line trains will operate two hours later (until midnight) from Howard. This provides a convenient option for fans to Park & Ride by using the more than 700 parking spaces available at the Skokie Yellow Line station, just three blocks east of the Edens Expressway.
Bus customers who use CTA fare media pay $1.75 to ride and may transfer for a 25 cent fee. Rail customers who use Chicago Card or Chicago Card Plus pay $1.75 and transfers are an additional 25 cents. For rail customers who use a magnetic strip transit card, or for customers who pay cash on either the bus or rail system, the fare is $2. Transfers are not available for customers paying fares in cash.
For details about all CTA service, call 836-7000 (all local area codes) or visit www.goroo.com.